Visa and passport
For information related to the Countries that DO NOT NEED VISA TO ENTER MEXICO, click here.
For information related to the Countries that NEED VISA TO ENTER MEXICO, see:
For the required documentation, click here.
ADDITIONALLY, TAKE INTO ACCOUNT THE FOLLOWING:
- You must fulfill all the documentation required by the Mexican embassy or consulate in the Country of application.
- The applicant is the only responsible to fulfill the documentations and meet the proper procedures before the Mexican authorities.
- Once you have fulfilled the documentation, you have to schedule an appointment at a Mexican embassy or consulate.
- The migration law, does not allow to issue any visa at entrance points in Mexico. You must have the proper documentation when arriving the country.
- Migratory authorities may perform an interview, regarding the reasons for the travel and any other detail considered relevant.
We strongly urge you to review the procedures to which you may be subject to guarantee your entry into the country, sufficiently in advance, with the nearest Mexican consulate.
Passport: Each participant must have a valid passport, and with a validity of not less than six months (180 days).
If you are interested in staying at the Hilton Reforma Hotel please send an e-mail to: MEXRF_GuestService@hilton.com.
In this LINK you can find information about hotels near the venue of the event have offered special rates for participants. We recommend making reservations early for the special rate.
Please, ask for payment conditions when contacting the hotel, as well as other information that you consider relevant, such as cancelation policies.
You can identify other hotels in the area in the following link.
1) Taxi from airport to hotel
The average distance between the International Airport in Mexico City (AICM) to the Historical Center (where the venue is located) is 10km (6.2 miles). It is highly recommended that you use an authorized taxi service. There are plenty companies inside the airport, with visible or established fees. Fees in Mexican pesos are displayed below. Fees in USD are approximated (18 MXN for each dollar), they may vary according to the exchange rate.
UBER App is also another option, and it can be used within the AICM facilities.
2) Public transportation
The subway network covers almost the whole of Mexico City. It costs MXN $5.00 a trip. The service starts at 5:00 hrs. and ends at 24:00 hrs. from Monday to Friday; From 6:00 to 24:00 hrs. on Saturday and from 7:00 to 24:00 hrs. on Sunday and Holidays.
Note: There are rush hours in the service, between 7:00 and 9:00 hrs. and between 18:00 and 21:00 hrs. We recommend to avoid them.
There are 6 lines that also cover the main areas in the City. It costs MXN $6.00 a trip, but you need a card to access the service, you can buy and recharge it in the stations; you also can use this card in the subway system. Machines do not return any cash, you have to provide the exact amount.
This is a touristic transportation service, and you can find the routes here.
Information about Mexico
The climate is temperate (mild) throughout the year. The average temperature is 20°C (68°F). However, in recent months there have been heavy rains in the city, so it is highly recommended to take additional precautions in case of rain.
2) Time zone: The time zone for Mexico is: UTC / GMT -6 hrs.
3) Currency: The national currency is the Mexican Peso (MXN), the exchange rate oscillates between MXN $17.50 and $18.00 for each dollar; it is recommended that you exchange in advance your money, or do it at airport, for banks in Mexico do not have this service. The majority of establishments accept credit cards, VISA or MASTER CARD, and some others also accept American Express, but not all of them. However, most small business establishments, accept only cash.
4) ID: In accordance with law, it is necessary to always carry an official and current ID, such as Passport or National ID.
5) Banks. There are many Banks and bank cashiers in the city and near the venue. Most important Banks in Mexico:
- BBVA Bancomer
- Banco del Bajío
Business hours: Between 8:00 hrs. and up to 15:00 -16:00 hrs. Bank Cashiers work 24 hours.
6) Telephone code in Mexico City: +52 (55)
7) Official language: Spanish
8) Electricity: The voltage in Mexico is 110-120 V 60Hz.
9) Security: The central area of the city (which is the area of the Hilton Reforma) is guarded by the City security forces 24 hrs., due to its touristic importance, and also because the City Government is located there. Also, there are many commercial, artistic and cultural establishments all around the area, with very flexible service hours.