Day 1. October 8th
Keynote Presentation : Climate Change Impacts in LAC
Joseluis Samaniego, ECLAC. Download presentation
- Keynote Presentation : How to reconcile development and decarbonisation : What is Required from the result?
Maria Paz Cigaran , Libélula. Download presentation
Plenary 1. Promoting a vision of low carbon development in Chile – from planning to implementation
Moderator: Fernando Tudela , Research Professor, Center for Global Change and Sustainability in the Southeast.
Plenary 2. Introduction. LEDS GP progress and challenges, and LEDS LAC Regional Platform, objectives and methodology of the workshop.
Plenary 3.Implementing Low Emissions Development in LAC – Experiences from other countries in the region
Moderator: Ana Maria Majano , INCAE Business School and LEDS LAC Secretariat
- Moisés Alvarez, Technical Director of the National Council for Climate Change and Clean Development Mechanism, Dominican Republic. Download presentation
- Thalia Hernandez , Assistant Director of indicators, economic valuation and natural resources of the National Institute of Ecology and Climate Change ( INECC ) , Mexico. Download presentation
Plenary 4 Main findings of the report “Green Growth Best Practices”
- Ron Benioff, National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL ). Download presentation
- Hilen Meirovich , BID
- Hernán Carlino, Torcuato di Tella Foundation
Day 2. Octobre 9th
Parallel round-tables 1. Financing the implementation of LEDS
Round-table 1A. Climate finance readiness (Wold Bank)
Moderator: Sarah Cardona, World Bank. Download presentation
Round-table 1B. National strategies for climate finance ( E3G )
Moderator: Gabriela Moya, E3G .
Round-table 1C. Articulating with the private sector ( INCAE )
Moderator: Ana Maria Majano , INCAE Business School
- Manfred Kopper, Asociación Empresarial para el Desarrollo, Costa Rica. View in: http://prezi.com/4-4lb8wonjxk/leds-lac/
- Natalia Lutti , Getulio Vargas Foundation , Brazil. Download presentation
- Parallel Round-tables 2. policy coherence for LEDSRound-table 2A. Linkind LEDS with resilience (LEDS LAC)
Moderator: José María Gutiérrez, INCAE Business School
- Jan Karremans, Euroclima. Download presentation
- Damiano Borgogno, PNUD Costa Rica. Download presentation
- Enrique Rebolledo, Euroclima. Download presentation
- Sophie Siemens, Ministry of Environment, Chile
Round-table 2B. linking LEDS y NAMAs (LEDS LAC)
Moderator: Aida Figari, Libélula. Download presentation
Round-table 2C. Establishment of transport measures (LEDS LAC GTT)
Moderator: Rodrigo Rodríguez, Sustentar Asociation, Argentina. Download presentation
Deep dive 1. Green fiscal policy instruments (ECLAC / World Bank)
Moderator: Luis Miguel Galindo, head of the Climate Change Unit, ECLAC
Co-Moderator: Sebastian Miller, BID
Deep dive 2. MRV of NAMAs (GIZ)
Moderator: Oscar Zarzo, GIZ. Download presentation
Deep dive 3. Challenges and lessons learned in planning LEDS (BID)
Moderator: Sandra Lopez, BID. Download presentation
- Scott Williamson, Center for Climate Strategies. Download presentation
- Fernando Farías, Ministry of Environment of Chile
- María Isabel Cifuentes, Competitiveness Guatemala National Program. -PRONACOM. Download presentation
- Thalia Hernandez, National Institute of Ecology and Climate Change, Mexico.
- Paola Visca, Ministry of Housing, Territorial Planning and Environment of Uruguay. Download presentation
Deep dive 4. Complex problems, participatory solutions – Designing and implementing participatory processes for climate change mitigation (MAPS)
Moderator: Hernan Blanco, MAPS Chile
Andrea Rudnick, MAPS Program. See MAPS video here.
DAY 3. October 10th
- Plenary. Key considerations to LEDs implementation: Articulating the national and subnational levels
Scott Muller, LEDS GP. Download presentation
- Nathaly Torregroza, Climate Change Directorate of Ministry of Environment, Housing and Territorial Development, Colombia. Download presentation
- Camilo Rojas, Chief Executive of Environment and Climate Change CAF. Download presentation
The workshop finished with an exercise in which participants had to share the main findings of the sessions, and to identify lessons learned, challenges and outstanding issues. Further priorities were validated LEDS LAC platform. Download presentation.