REAL: Remote Expert Assistance on LEDS
Conmecting members with world-class experts and peers on low emission development
The no-cost Remote Expert Assistance on LEDS (REAL) service is available to government representatives and technical institutes assisting them in advancing climate resilient low emission development and achieving mitigation commitments.
♦ Our services
The LEDS LAC REAL service can help you with:
Up to 40 hours of free expert assistance to:
Review of technical documents, plans and strategies
Technical advice on specific issues
Contact with cooperation programs of our partners, which can meet longer term needs.
Virtual exchanges with experts from the region to share knowledge and experiences.
Contacts for internships and technical visits.
- Be a member of the LEDS LAC. If you are not a member yet, you can register here.
- Be a national or subnational government organization, or your inquiry is on behalf of a government organization.
- Design of an energy efficiency and emission reduction program in the transport sector
- Virtual Exchanges
- Support for capacity building of the authorities for emissions inventories and BUR.
- Technical review of policy instruments in relation to resilient and low carbon development strategies.
1. Request: Send your request for assistance in LEDS to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Scoping Call: LEDS LAC Secretariat will make a preliminary selection of an expert according to your request and then contact you to have a scoping call with the expert to clarify the scope of the REAL.
3. Agreement of the REAL: Once the scope, deliverables and timeline of the REAL are defined, the agreement of the service will be reflected on a TOR.
4. Start the work and follow up!