International Cooperation among Regions and States: The Under2 Coalition
- Day: Wednesday, November 14th, 2018.
- Time: 09:00 – 10:30 am (time in Costa Rica)
- Check the time according to your location: http://bit.ly/2CQJjCc
Welcome. Ana María Majano. Coordinator of the Secretariat, LEDS LAC Platform.
Introduction to the Under2 Coalition. Sarah Duffy. Manager of Government Relations for the Americas for the Under2 Coalition, The Climate Group. | Download presentation
Experiences of Latin American members of the Coalition:
- Jalisco, Mexico. Arturo Javier Palero Castro. Director of Cross-cutting Climate Change Management. Secretariat of Environment and Territorial Development of the State of Jalisco. | Download presentation
- Santa Fe, Argentina. Veronica Geese. State Secretary of Energy, Government of the Province of Santa Fe. | Download presentation
- Yucatan, Mexico. Roberto Vallejo Molina. Director of Planning and Policies for Sustainability, Secretariat of Urban Development and Environment of the State of Yucatan. | Download presentation
About the webinar
State and regional governments are in a unique position to accelerate climate action. They work at a level that allows for quicker action and greater experimentation than national governments. They can support national governments to meet their climate targets and give them confidence to go further and faster. For business, the commitment of states and regions gives them the certainty they need to make investments and the combined result is an ultimate shift in narrative, that shows the transition to a low carbon economy is not only possible, but already happening.
This webinar will provide an introduction to the Under2 Coalition, which is a group of subnational governments committed to limiting global temperature growth by well below 2C. The coalition brings together more than 220 governments, who represent over 1.3 billion people and 43% of the global economy The Climate Group is the Coalition’s secretariat and is responsible for managing the activities of the Coalition and carrying out its three areas of work: Roads to 2050, Transparency, and Policy. In addition, we will hear three examples of governments that are very active in the Coalition and will share their experiences in being part of the Coalition.
The webinar will be held in Spanish. If you have any questions about this event, please contact the LEDS LAC Platform Secretariat: email@example.com.
About the panelists
This webinar is co-organized with: