Multisolving action: Health and Climate Intersections
- Date: Wednesday April 18th, 2018.
- Time: 9:00 am- 10:30 am (time in Costa Rica)
- Check the time zone change according to your location: http://bit.ly/2FNg2Lp
Introduction. María José Gutiérrez. Technical expert, LEDS LAC Secretariat.
Introduction to multisolving in climate and health, concept and conclusions. Shanna Edberg. Project Specialist, Climate Interactive. | Download presentation
Case Studies in LAC
- Bogotá Ciclovía. Oscar Ruiz. Recreation area chief, District Institute for Recreation and Sport (IDRD). Bogotá, Colombia. | Download presentation
- PROAIRE. Patricia Camacho Rodriguez. Inventory and Modelling Subdirection, Environment Secretariat (SEDEMA), Mexico City. | Download presentation
About the webinar
This webinar presents the concepts and conclusions about multi-solving actions in health and climate, with reference to a recently published report called “Multisolving at the Intersection of Health and Climate”, by Climate Interactive. This report exposes 10 case studies worldwide that successfully reduced greenhouse gas emissions while also improving people’s health and often increasing social equity and saving money. It offers an open window and examples for other institutions and governments for creating and sustaining projects and policies that impact both health and climate, demonstrating that it is possible to take action in both areas resulting in other co-benefits.
Two case studies will be presented: Ciclovia Bogotá and PROAIRE Mexico, illustrating how these types of initiatives were led by different stakeholders including health specialists, large corporations and local governments, but were accomplished by collaborative efforts that spanned disciplines, jurisdictions, and issue areas.
The webinar will be held in Spanish. For questions about this webinar, please contact the LEDS LAC Platform: firstname.lastname@example.org.