THIRD REGIONAL WORKSHOP. CHILE, OCTOBER 2014
- Date: October 8th to 10th, 2014
- Place: Santiago de Chile
The Third Workshop of the Regional Platform will provide a forum for government officials from Latin America and the Caribbean, international organizations, technical experts and other stakeholders in the region to learn through collectively sharing experiences and best practices, participating in trainings, establishing collaborative and work links, and find innovative ways to make progress in low emission climate resilient development (LEDS).
It is also expected to act as a space that contributes in the construction of a shared vision, finding synergies with other regional initiatives, and reflecting about the priorities, services and collaborative activities to be addressed by the Regional Platform and its global platform in 2015 in response to common needs of the countries in the region.
- Promote low emission climate resilient development exchange approaches, experiences, knowledge and good practices between experts from the LAC region and the world, to promote low emission climate resilience development in the countries and with special emphasis on the issues prioritized by the platform.
- Socialize and strengthen ongoing initiatives related to LEDS implementation in the region through the exchange and learning between projects and professionals (peers), and by promoting networking spaces.
- Promote the services of the platform, take advantage of the specialized service offers from the global working groups, and seek synergies with other initiatives.
- Consolidate progress on the agreements reached in the LAC region in the second regional workshop in Lima, Peru and third LEDS GP workshop in Ethiopia, and detail the priorities as inputs for the 2015 work plan.
To have in mind that parallel in ECLAC, the following events are being conducted:
- Negotiators meeting: 8-9 October
- PRTR OECD Seminar: 9 October
- IDDRI-ECLAC-UNEP Workshop on sustainable development and climate change: 8 October
- Efforts will be made to provide suitable spaces for networking activities throughout the program (e.g. long coffee breaks of 30 minutes, market place, open space, etc.)
- Enough time will be designated during the sessions for the interventions of the participants
- The plenaries will be in format of a panel with a moderator and two or three key interventions. The rest of the time is for interventions, comments and contributions from the participants
- Each one of the segments (plenaries parallel working tables, open space, etc.) will have a guiding document orientation that will serve as a basis for the design of the content. This will serve as a basis for the institutions that “adopt” each one of the segments.
- Efforts are made to implement a harvesting system of the 2014 workshop (reporters and harvesters). They feed a matrix that should ideally be visible to the public.
- The option of web streaming the first day plenary sessions is being contemplated.
Keynote Presentation : Climate Change Impacts in LAC
Joseluis Samaniego, ECLAC. Download presentation
- Keynote Presentation : How to reconcile development and decarbonisation : What is Required from the result?
Maria Paz Cigaran , Libélula. Download presentation
Plenary 1. Promoting a vision of low carbon development in Chile – from planning to implementation
Moderator: Fernando Tudela , Research Professor, Center for Global Change and Sustainability in the Southeast.
- Marcelo Mena, Secretary of Environment. Download presentation
- Jorge Valverde , Advisor to the Vice-Minister of Finance. Download presentation
Plenary 2. Introduction. LEDS GP progress and challenges, and LEDS LAC Regional Platform, objectives and methodology of the workshop.
- Ana María Majano , LEDS LAC Platform Secretariat. Download presentation
- Ron Benioff, LEDS GP Partnership Secretariat. Download presentation
Plenary 3.Implementing Low Emissions Development in LAC – Experiences from other countries in the region
Moderator: Ana Maria Majano , INCAE Business School and LEDS LAC Secretariat
- Moisés Alvarez, Technical Director of the National Council for Climate Change and Clean Development Mechanism, Dominican Republic. Download presentation
- Thalia Hernandez , Assistant Director of indicators, economic valuation and natural resources of the National Institute of Ecology and Climate Change ( INECC ) , Mexico. Download presentation
Plenary 4 Main findings of the report “Green Growth Best Practices”
- Ron Benioff, National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL ). Download presentation
- Hilen Meirovich , BID
- Hernán Carlino, Torcuato di Tella Foundation
Day 2. Octobre 9th
Parallel round-tables 1. Financing the implementation of LEDS
Round-table 1A. Climate finance readiness (Wold Bank)
Moderator: Sarah Cardona, World Bank. Download presentation
- Hilen Meirovich , IBD. Download presentation
- Sandra Guzman, GFLAC. Download presentation
- Mónica Araya, NIVELA, Costa Rica.
Round-table 1B. National strategies for climate finance ( E3G )
Moderator: Gabriela Moya, E3G .
- Maria Paz Cigaran , Libélula, Peru. Download presentation
- Rodrigo Violic, Banco BICE, Chile. Download presentation
- Gabriel Araya, Centro de Ciencia del Clima y la Resiliencia de la Universidad de Chile. Download presentation
Round-table 1C. Articulating with the private sector ( INCAE )
Moderator: Ana Maria Majano , INCAE Business School
- Manfred Kopper, Asociación Empresarial para el Desarrollo, Costa Rica. View in: http://prezi.com/4-4lb8wonjxk/leds-lac/
- Natalia Lutti , Getulio Vargas Foundation , Brazil. Download presentation
- Parallel Round-tables 2. policy coherence for LEDSRound-table 2A. Linkind LEDS with resilience (LEDS LAC)
Moderator: José María Gutiérrez, INCAE Business School
- Jan Karremans, Euroclima. Download presentation
- Damiano Borgogno, PNUD Costa Rica. Download presentation
- Enrique Rebolledo, Euroclima. Download presentation
- Sophie Siemens, Ministry of Environment, Chile
Round-table 2B. linking LEDS y NAMAs (LEDS LAC)
Moderator: Aida Figari, Libélula. Download presentation
- Luis Roberto Chacón, FIRM Program, UNEP-MINAET, Costa Rica. Download presentation
Round-table 2C. Establishment of transport measures (LEDS LAC GTT)
Moderator: Rodrigo Rodríguez, Sustentar Asociation, Argentina. Download presentation
- Germán Bussi, Director of Traffic and Transportation of the City of Buenos Aires. Download presentation
- Donatella Fuccaro, Environment Branch of the Municipality of Santiago. Download presentation
- Claudia Diaz, USAID Colombia. Download presentation
Deep dive 1. Green fiscal policy instruments (ECLAC / World Bank)
Moderator: Luis Miguel Galindo, head of the Climate Change Unit, ECLAC
Co-Moderator: Sebastian Miller, BID
- Carlos Paolino, Researcher, Centre for Economic Research (CINVE), Uruguay. Download presentation
- Rodrigo Pizarro, head of the Division of Economics and Environmental Information, Ministry of Environment, Chile. Download presentation
- Arturo Brandt, TFS Green. Download presentation
- Juan Pablo Jiménez, Economic Development Division, ECLAC. Download presentation
Deep dive 2. MRV of NAMAs (GIZ)
Moderator: Oscar Zarzo, GIZ. Download presentation
- Donatella Fuccaro, Municipality of Santiago.
- Pilar Henríquez, Sustainable Systems.
- Carolina Ascui, Ministry of Environment of Chile. Download presentation
- Ignacio Rebolledo, Poch Ambiental. Download presentation
- Jenny Mager, Climate Change Office. Ministry of Environment. Download presentation
Deep dive 3. Challenges and lessons learned in planning LEDS (BID)
Moderator: Sandra Lopez, BID. Download presentation
- Scott Williamson, Center for Climate Strategies. Download presentation
- Fernando Farías, Ministry of Environment of Chile
- María Isabel Cifuentes, Competitiveness Guatemala National Program. -PRONACOM. Download presentation
- Thalia Hernandez, National Institute of Ecology and Climate Change, Mexico.
- Paola Visca, Ministry of Housing, Territorial Planning and Environment of Uruguay. Download presentation
Deep dive 4. Complex problems, participatory solutions – Designing and implementing participatory processes for climate change mitigation (MAPS)
Moderator: Hernan Blanco, MAPS Chile
Andrea Rudnick, MAPS Program. See MAPS video here.
DAY 3. October 10th
- Plenary. Key considerations to LEDs implementation: Articulating the national and subnational levels
Scott Muller, LEDS GP. Download presentation
- Nathaly Torregroza, Climate Change Directorate of Ministry of Environment, Housing and Territorial Development, Colombia. Download presentation
- Camilo Rojas, Chief Executive of Environment and Climate Change CAF. Download presentation
The workshop finished with an exercise in which participants had to share the main findings of the sessions, and to identify lessons learned, challenges and outstanding issues. Further priorities were validated LEDS LAC platform. Download presentation.
Galería de imágenes
For inquiries regarding substantive meeting, please contact Aida Figari, from the LEDS LAC Secretariat, email: email@example.com and Benjamin Infante, from the Sustainable Development and Human Settlements Division , ECLAC, email: benjamin@.infante ECLAC.org
* Information Matters (Chile’s Ministry of Environment)
* LECB-Chile Project (Chile’s Ministry of Environment)
* Project MAPS Chile (Chile’s Ministry of Environment)
* OV/V GEI Accreditation Program(EMA)
* Ricardo-AEA and its contribution to low-carbon development.
* Projects led by the BID
* Corporate Climate Commitment (Libélua / Peru 2021)
* World Climate Summit 2014 (World Climate Ltd. / Libélula)
* Projects led by Euroclima
* NAMA Livestock in Costa Rica (UNDP)
* Closed Production Cycle in the Americas Program (Division of Sustainable Energy – DSD / SEDI, OAS)
* Urban LEDS Project (ICLEI)
* LAC and LEDS LEDS GP Platforms, and its contribution to the design and implementation of LEDS
* Program to certify the impacts of policies and actions on climate change
* Roadmap for the Transport Working Group
* Analysis of cost-economic benefits of adaptation to climate change
Through the Open Space methodology it was able to discuss in small groups the topics proposed in depth.
At the same time at ECLAC, the following events took place:
* Negotiators meetings: October 8th and 9th
* Seminar: PRTR OECD: October 9th
* Workshop IDDRI-ECLAC-PMUNA on sustainable development and climate change: October 8